Share Print Bookmark

Notes


Matches 51 to 62 of 62

      «Prev 1 2

 #   Notes   Linked to 
51 SGT US ARMY AIR FORCES WORLD WAR II SGT US ARMY AIR FORCES WORLD WAR II YOUNG, Archie Herman (I291)
 
52 Susannah, married John Cleves Symmes in 1780 and became the stepmother-in-law of President William Henry Harrison. SUSANNAH (I1691)
 
53 The Huntington family in America : a genealogical memoir of the known descendants of Simon Huntington from 1633 to 1915, including those who have retained... Intro pg 11-12 Simon 1583 (1.)pg 21-22 Thomas b.unknown (1.4)pg 1027 Samuel 1667 (1.4.1)pg 1028 Simon 1696 (1.4.1.2)pg 1029-1030 Two sons of Samuel Huntington are reported in Hinman's Genealogy of the First Puritan Settlers of Connecticut. - The Huntington family in America : A supplement to the genealogical memoir published in 1915 and including those known descendants whose records have been obtainable since that time. - Essacher (1.4.1.2.7) Supplemental Abner 1771 (A. 13) Supplemental HUNTINGTON, Abner (I1562)
 
54 This marriage had only one daughter HAAK, Maria Elizabeth (I1712)
 
55 Todd County Histories. Containing Reproduction of the Original Histories of Todd County written by; John H. Sheets, A.H. Hendrickson, and O.B. DeLaurier. Thursday, December 3,1936 Bartlett Todd County Histories. Containing Reproduction of the Original Histories of Todd County written by; John H. Sheets, A.H. Hendrickson, and O.B. DeLaurier. Thursday, December 3,1936 Bartlett PIERE, Wilhelm J (I1095)
 
56 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Living (I56)
 
57 When Wilhelm heard that Louisa's herd of cattle had to be killed on site because ofTB during the depression, he said to make sure that the kids came over every night to get some milk. Not much food except for what was canned. The kids were so hungry they were eating flies off the window sill that winter. First crops of spring that very welcome. Marcella worked for Minnies daughter, cleaning, washing, laundry for two years and was paid with a pair of shoes. Meals made on wood range. Fire started in attic, figure it was mice chewing on matches. That's when they moved to town to the back part of the old hotel. Boys had the back bedroom, mom had bedroom off kitchen. Marcella and Alene slept w mom. Alene graduatedfrom Little Falls as Bea took her in. All three of the boys went into the service. Grandpa left before Marcella was married. YOUNG, Roy Frank (I1257)
 
58 William was the first born son of Benjamin Goodwater Bonneau and Mary Louisa Carriere. He was born in Quebec, Canada but later settled in Arkansas, USA. His surname got corrupted to Bono from the French surname Bonneau meaning "Good water". The rest of the family stuck with Goodwater. Some William records are at the archives at the University of Central Arkansas. The history of the Bonneau family of Canada from with Benjamin Bonneau cam from...book called IIs Sont Venus Naguere: Les Bonneau En Amerique Du Nord by Louis Philippe Bonneau. It is in French. Mary Louisa Carrier's family also has a great deal of history her father worked for the Hudson Bay Company as a fur trader. William was the first born son of Benjamin Goodwater Bonneau and Mary Louisa Carriere. He was born in Quebec, Canada but later settled in Arkansas, USA. His surname got corrupted to Bono from the French surname Bonneau meaning "Good water". The rest of the family stuck with Goodwater. Some William records are at the archives at the University of Central Arkansas. The history of the Bonneau family of Canada from with Benjamin Bonneau cam from...book called IIs Sont Venus Naguere: Les Bonneau En Amerique Du Nord by Louis Philippe Bonneau. It is in French. Mary Louisa Carrier's family also has a great deal of history her father worked for the Hudson Bay Company as a fur trader. BONO, William Bonneau (I1946)
 
59 Winifred's mother may be from her fathers second marriage who is also named Hannah


http://newsarch.rootsweb.com/th/read/VanHook/1998-09/0904833088

Following his return home, Samuel married (in 1786) widow Hannah Wilson
Williams, whose husband had been killed by Indians.

To this marriage were born several children, one of them, a girl, Winnifred,
who
later married a William Whitley (presumed to be the son of the William Whitley
who built the early brick home near Crab Orchard). According to Harrison Co.
records, Samuel was married at least two more times later in life. 
VANHOOK, Winifred (I603)
 
60 Worked in Hammond, Indiana as a railroad forman and was in chrge of a group of men who walked the tracks everyday to see that the rails were safe to use. LIVINGSTON, Lawrence Porter (I1500)
 
61 Wroked in Earl Park in an elevator for grain. LIVINGSTON, Charles Allen (I1694)
 
62 Zion Lutheran Arlington Minnesota Zion Lutheran Church is now located on the west side of Arlington but had its beginnings in rural New Auburn Township when various Lutheran families gathered to organize a congregation in 1877. They drew up a simple constitution that stated the name of their church was to be the Evangelical Lutheran Zion Congregation. One of these men to sign the new constitution was John Rose who along with his new wife Wilhelmine (Piere) was a recent pioneer to the Arlington area. Between 1877 and 1884 church services were held in members homes and a nearby school house. In 1884 when William and Minnie Piere had moved to New Auburn township along with their new baby girl Caroline, the congregation voted to build a church and Rev. Zeigler, pastor of St. Pauls in Gaylord was asked to serve as pastor. 1886. The first resident pastor was Reverend A. Kuehn and gradually the church, parsonage, school house and barn were finished by the members. Life was simple and the economic conditions were almost unbelievable. The pastors salary was $3.00. Whitewashing the interior of the church -2 coats cost $4.00 labor. A custom observed for almost ninety years was the seating of the members during services, the men on the left, women on the right. Children sat in the front pews in the same arrangement. 1888. Pastor August Schmidt carne to serve at Zion. The Ohio Hymnal was introduced and now used that Zion was a member of the Ohio synod. Anyone who committed suicide was to be buried in the northwest corner of the cemetery. 1896-1899. Reverand Carl Hoph was called as pastor for $3.00, firewood, and living expenses included. The small white church was getting crowded and a suggestion was made to make the altar, pUlpit and sacristy smaller. Rev. Hoph took a call in Idaho and Rev. Alexander Moench accepted the call for a yearly salary of $4.00. This frame church was no longer large enough and in 1927 the decision was made to construct a new church. July 8,1928 the new church was dedicated. This church served the congregation until 1965 when Zion relocated to Arlington. A list of baptisms that includes family members: Jacob Freidrich Rose Wilhelmina Friedericka Piere John Friedrich Piere Emma Charlotte Rose Wilhelm John Piere Emil Friedrich Rose Louise Martha Piere Heinrich Albert Piere Ernst John Piere 1885 1886 1888 1888 1889 1891 1892 1894 1899 / --..J .Included in Zions confirmation lists are: Caroline Marie Piere Wilhelmine Friedericka Piere 1899 1899 Zion Lutheran Arlington Minnesota Zion Lutheran Church is now located on the west side of Arlington but had its beginnings in rural New Auburn Township when various Lutheran families gathered to organize a congregation in 1877. They drew up a simple constitution that stated the name of their church was to be the Evangelical Lutheran Zion Congregation. One of these men to sign the new constitution was John Rose who along with his new wife Wilhelmine (Piere) was a recent pioneer to the Arlington area. Between 1877 and 1884 church services were held in members homes and a nearby school house. In 1884 when William and Minnie Piere had moved to New Auburn township along with their new baby girl Caroline, the congregation voted to build a church and Rev. Zeigler, pastor of St. Pauls in Gaylord was asked to serve as pastor. 1886. The first resident pastor was Reverend A. Kuehn and gradually the church, parsonage, school house and barn were finished by the members. Life was simple and the economic conditions were almost unbelievable. The pastors salary was $3.00. Whitewashing the interior of the church -2 coats cost $4.00 labor. A custom observed for almost ninety years was the seating of the members during services, the men on the left, women on the right. Children sat in the front pews in the same arrangement. 1888. Pastor August Schmidt carne to serve at Zion. The Ohio Hymnal was introduced and now used that Zion was a member of the Ohio synod. Anyone who committed suicide was to be buried in the northwest corner of the cemetery. 1896-1899. Reverand Carl Hoph was called as pastor for $3.00, firewood, and living expenses included. The small white church was getting crowded and a suggestion was made to make the altar, pUlpit and sacristy smaller. Rev. Hoph took a call in Idaho and Rev. Alexander Moench accepted the call for a yearly salary of $4.00. This frame church was no longer large enough and in 1927 the decision was made to construct a new church. July 8,1928 the new church was dedicated. This church served the congregation until 1965 when Zion relocated to Arlington. A list of baptisms that includes family members: Jacob Freidrich Rose Wilhelmina Friedericka Piere John Friedrich Piere Emma Charlotte Rose Wilhelm John Piere Emil Friedrich Rose Louise Martha Piere Heinrich Albert Piere Ernst John Piere 1885 1886 1888 1888 1889 1891 1892 1894 1899 / --..J .Included in Zions confirmation lists are: Caroline Marie Piere Wilhelmine Friedericka Piere 1899 1899 KETTELHOHN, Wilhelmina Frederika Amelia (I290)
 

      «Prev 1 2


This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 11.0.0, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2018.